Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Trying To Get Back Into The Swing Of Things

I've been trying to get back into the swing of things, (you know, doing some artwork, or at least something of a creative nature), but I'm finding it hard to do after getting back from vacation. After all, it's been back to work as well, which requires me to be creative...and I can't share any of that here, at least until after it's been used for it's purposes anyway. Also this past weekend the wife and I spent it painting a room in our house and rearranging two rooms to better suit us now that we're alone in the house.

I did make myself sit down the other day and engage in a little doodling. I sometimes find it helps to just sit there with a blank sheet of paper and start with some simple shapes and see what comes out of them. Nothing here that's going to set the world on fire, but then it doesn't have to. The only purpose to doodling is to loosen up the artistic spirit and get the ol' juices flowing again. 


So, the next time you feel yourself wallowing in self-doubt, or you just don't know what kind of project to tackle next, get out a piece of paper and a pencil and just start doodling, it'll lead you somewhere eventually!


No comments:

Post a Comment