Monday, May 5, 2014

Vector Portrait Final Project

For my final project in electronic illustration, I had to create a vector portrait of myself or someone I personally knew. I did a vector portrait of my wife which you can see below. I also did myself, the one I've used in my banner for this site, but it didn't turn out quite as well as the one of my wife, so I asked my instructor to grade me on hers. I probably put about fifteen to twenty hours in on it. Not all at once of course, just whenever I got tired of working on some other project I'd turn in a little time working on this. I think it turned out really well, and my classmates all gave me kudos on it as well.


I've found I really love working in vector, adobe illustrator to be exact. It's a great program, and it's really the accuracy and fine detail that I enjoy being able to work with in the program. So expect to see a lot of illustrator work here, it seems to be my calling, and I like to dive into what I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment